Friday, May 1, 2009

Make your own Glam Gloves..

Here's what you need to get started.. One pair of gloves.. ( We found these at the Dollar Tree) 2 pieces of fabric cut 16 inches long and 5 inches wide.. 2 pieces of lace ,each 10 inches long.. 2 buttons.. Buttonhole thread, a few straight pins, needle and a pair of scissors..  And a sewing machine..
First you want to sew the ends together.. like so..
Then fold them in half right side out.. Baste around the bottom edge.. Now pin the cuffs to the gloves, making a pleat in the front..  Like so.. Sew the cuffs to the gloves with your sewing machine.. (it feels so odd sewing thru rubber..smiles..)
Now turn the cuffs up, like so..
Now sew a running stitch in the 10 inch piece of lace (i'm using eyelet here) Pull your thread tight to make a circle, sew the little ends together and finish off.. Now sew the lace circle to the glove by sewing a button on top of it thru the cuff.. Like so..
And here's our Glamor Gloves..  Hope this helped you make your very own pair ... Can you stop at making just one pair? 

3 comments:

Decor To Adore said...

Oh this is very, very cute! I also adore your pillowcase apron.

MaryRC said...

youre so creative. can you come over and bring your machine, i have a ton of projects im too lazy to get to. stopping by from sits, happy blogging

Sonia said...

Hey Cat,
I wanted to come by and answer some of the questions you left on my blog about tea and coffee staining (Sorry took me so long) You have done tea dying already. Coffee dying is pretty much the same, though, I tried it because the tea I used was giving me a lighter dye while I wanted a darker one. The only thing I found out with the coffee is the smell... ughhh, little strong. Then I got talking to a friend of mine and I mentioned how when I used gingerbread cookies tea (it was a christmas blend I bought and I didn't like to drink) left a nice ginger smell on my material so she suggested I use flavored coffee too, maybe it won't be that strong smell. Now I think that once you stain and dry... first!! If you wash it again, then it might loose the smell but not the color. I have to try it and see. Wow, its a long comment. Sorry bout that. I'll have to make a post sometimes about altered books. I only did a little so I don't know much. I do have a couple of books for inspirations and ideas and techniques that I can share though!!
I'll stop here now. I hope you have a great weekend, and talk to you soon... =)
Sonia