Sunday, January 3, 2010

My 'New' Fav Apron..


Happy New Year, ya'll..

I spent part of New Years Day making this lovely belted smock apron.. Cute huh? I think so, I don't really know why I've been avoiding this style .(Yes, I do.. It was the binding.. yuck..) It was a pleasure to make, and I love the one big pocket in the front, divided into thirds..  Even the binding was a joy to make..  All because of a great tutorial I found online..( Click here to see it..) Yep, I got to use my trusty rotoary cutter tool and handy dandy cutting mat with the clear measuring device.. Did you know that one little yard of fabric will make about 9 yards of binding? (Click here to see how to sew the strips together..)  More than enough for this little number.. This pattern comes in little girls sizes too, I'll have to see what I can come up with for the 'Little Princess' in our house.. (wink)

Have a great Sunday..

1 comment:

Decor To Adore said...

Oh I love this! I just received a new sewing machine for Christmas and am so anxious to get started.

Thank you so very much for your feedback regarding videos. I am going to try to keep them under 3 minutes and will also continue to have traditional posts too. Your insput was MUCH appreciated.